Last updated: March 4, 2018
“Aggregated Data” means: (a) Your Farm Data that we collect, use and may disclose on an anonymous and aggregated basis only: (ii) Your General Characteristics Data (except for credit card information) that we collect, use and may disclose on an aggregated basis only; and (iii) the Output Service Data that we generate, compile, use and may disclose on an anonymous, aggregated basis only.
“CropX Service” means our adaptive software for irrigation, fertilization and related services which optimizes irrigation on farms and includes Our Software, our proprietary technology and Our App and Sensors.
“Our App” means our web and mobile software application which you may login to or download onto your computer or mobile device in order to receive the CropX Service.
“Our Software” means any computer software owned or licensed by us and that is utilized in connection with the CropX Service.
“Output Service Data” means the data and/or information that we transmit to you in connection with the CropX Service via Our App. For purposes of clarification, Output Service Data does not include Your Farm Data.
“Sensors” means Our cloud-connected field and soil sensors that you must purchase in order to receive the CropX Service.
“Your General Characteristics Data” means all personally-identifiable information data which we collect about you which may include, without limitation, your: (a) first and last name; (b) credit card number; (c) billing address; (d) shipping address; (e) phone number; and (f) email address.
“Your Farm Data” means all data concerning your farm or fields which is collected by your Sensors and transmitted to Our App.
Information Collection and Use
Personally-Identifiable and other Information:
- When using the CropX Service, you may be required to provide us with Your General Characteristics Data and Your Farm Data.
- At any time you can notify us that you do not agree that we use your data on an anonymous and aggregated basis as set forth above by sending an email to email@example.com, but your “opt-out” selection will not apply to any of: (I) Your Farm Data that we collected prior to the date of your “opting-out” (meaning that Your Farm Data previously collected cannot be disaggregated from the data of all of our other customers and we will be able to use and disclose Your Farm Data previously collected in perpetuity in anonymous and aggregated form only); or (II) Your General Characteristics Data that we collected and aggregated prior to the date of your “opting-out” (meaning that Your General Characteristics Data previously collected cannot be disaggregated from the data of all of our other customers and we will be able to use and disclose Your General Characteristics Data previously collected in perpetuity in anonymous and aggregated form only).
- Additionally, in order to access the CropX Service, you may be required to use an account and password that can be obtained by completing a registration form or otherwise, which requests certain information, personal settings and preferences and other data from you, and maintaining and updating such data as required.
- We may also collect other information that you provide us (g., without limitation, zip code (on its own), individual preferences and/or other non-identifying information) (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- We may also use Your General Characteristics Data to contact you with CropX’s newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “user preferences” information. (See “Changing or Deleting Your Information” below.)
Log Data: When you use our Website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a Website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (known as “IP”) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Website, pages of our Website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, activities on our Website, access times and dates, metadata, identification numbers of the devices you use to connect, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze and for the Website’s technical administration, to improve the CropX Service, to increase our Website’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our users’ needs. We do not treat Log Data as part of Your General Characteristics Data or use it in association with other portions of Your General Characteristics Data, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information. We may keep Log Data after you are no longer a user. We may use Google Analyics, Facebook pixel, Google Tag Manager or other tools for analytics purposes.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Third Parties Providing Services to CropX. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the CropX Service, to provide the CropX Service on our behalf, to perform services for Our Software and Sensors or to assist us in analyzing how the CropX Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Your General Characteristics Data, Your Farm Data and the Output Service Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. CropX cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. CropX may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including Your General Characteristics Data, Your Farm Data and the Output Service Data, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Protect the Service. CropX may disclose Your General Characteristics Data, Your Farm Data, the Output Service Data and other related information in the event it reasonably believes such disclosure is necessary to protect the CropX Service, CropX’s rights or property, or the rights of any third party.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
Users may review, update, correct or delete the information collected by us by contacting us. If you would like us to delete your record in our system or stop sending you any information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request that we delete Your General Characteristics Data and/or Your Farm Data from our database. We will respond to these requests in accordance with the laws that apply to you. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We are very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. However, we do not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined under applicable law) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Website in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement; or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites or Software
Our Website may contain links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer or mobile, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.